The Office of Student Conduct has a variety of forms to help assist you during your time at UNC Charlotte. The forms listed below will help to provide you with information pertaining to your conduct record at UNC Charlotte. You may need access to this information to transfer to another university or for application for a job. Click on any of the links below to take you to a description of the forms and a link to the requested form.

Student Consent to Educational Records (FERPA waiver)

Dean Certification


Generally, when a student enters UNC Charlotte, regardless of his or her age, all rights afforded to parents under FERPA transfer to the student, and the student’s written consent is required for disclosure of his or her education records. However, FERPA also provides ways in which schools may share information with parents without the student's consent. For example:

• The University may disclose education records to parents if the student is a dependent for income tax purposes.
• The University may disclose education records to parents if a health or safety emergency involves their son or daughter.
• The University may inform parents if the student who is under age 21 has violated any law or its policy concerning the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance.
• A University official may generally share with a parent information that is based on that official's personal knowledge or observation of the student.

For further information on disclosure of student education records to parents, please see Policy Statement #69, Student Records, or you may contact the Office of the Registrar or the Office of Legal Affairs.

The Student Consent for Access to Education Records form will allow access to FERPA protected records. Please note: UNC Charlotte does not have a blanket FERPA waiver. If you are releasing your conduct records to an individual/organization/institution, you will need to select OTHER in section A and write in CONDUCT.

Dean’s Certification

These forms are a report on your conduct history while at UNC Charlotte and require your permission to share your educational records. These are typically requested by potential employers, institutions you are transferring to, State BARs, or federal investigative agencies. With the exception of federal investigative agencies, you must sign a FERPA waiver in order for us to provide this information (usually part of the provided form).

Dean’s Certifications are provided free of charge and only report information up to 8 years from the current date. Any conduct history prior to that is not considered part of your record.

To complete a Dean's Certification please submit the information to the Dean of Students Office. If your form does not have a release of records section that you are required to sign, you must complete a Student Consent for Education Records form mentioned below. Please be aware it may take up to 72 hours to process a Dean Certification. If you have any questions you can contact us as 704-687-0345.

The Student Consent for Educational Records form releases your records to a requested party. These records may be given to the party for a one time use, unlimited access, or access with a defined expiration date. Make sure to check the Other box in section A and indicate Conduct for the purpose of release in order to include prior conduct information.