Requests for Incomplete Grades

The Dean of Students Office provides advocacy and assistance for students who experience documented medical, psychological, personal crisis, or military circumstances that negatively impact academic coursework for the current term. A student may request Dean of Students Office assistance for the following academic actions:

  • advocating for the assignment of Incomplete grades for coursework.

A student may request the Dean of Student's Office assistance in submitting a request for Incomplete grades for all courses within the current term. Request for Incompletes are not considered prior to 60% of the completion of the term, and the student must be in good standing (passing) courses at the time of the request. 

In each case, the Dean of Students Office must have documentation in order to verify the circumstance, take action, and advocate on behalf of a student. Our office may take steps to call medical providers or others to validate any documentation submitted. Submission of falsified documentation by a student may result in charges under the Code of Student Responsibility.

Submit Your Request

In order to process your request for assistance, please click HERE to complete the online request form. Original documentation must be turned into the Dean of Students Office for formal verification. Please note that any required original documentation may be provided in the following ways:

Faxed ATTN: Dean of Students Office at 704-687-2616

Mailed ATTN: Dean of Students Office, 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223

Emailed to the Dean of Students Executive Assistant, Sharisse Stafford at

Delivered in person to 217 King Bldg