I'm thinking of withdrawing from the University. Where do I start?

Need some advice? Need someone to help you identify alternatives? If you are considering withdrawing from the University, a good first point-of-contact is your academic advisor.  In addition, the Dean of Students Office assists students experiencing circumstances beyond their control requiring their withdrawal from classes for the current term. All students considering withdrawing from courses for any extenuating reasons should contact the Withdrawal Advisor at 704-687-0289.

What are my options for a withdrawal with extenuating circumstances (WE)?

Extenuating Circumstances Withdrawal (must get prior approval through a request process): a partial (single course withdrawal) or full withdrawal (all classes) for students who are unable to complete their course work for the semester due to a unforeseen circumstance. Click HERE to review which circumstances quality for a WE.

Students are responsible for adhering to deadlines regarding the Withdrawal with Extenuating Circumstances process. No exceptions will be made!

Once you are ready to begin the process for a Withdrawal with Extenuating Circumstances, please start by completing one of the following request forms:

Click HERE to submit a Full Withdrawal with Extenuating Circumstances (all classes)

Click HERE to submit a Partial Withdrawal with Extenuating Circumstances (some classes)